Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Hell to the NO!

I treat my children well. They have nice things and they don’t want for anything. Now granted they don’t have everything but they are definitely not embarrassed about their clothing, home, or their toys. I have never been one to give them things in excess. In fact most of their really nice items have been gifts from their grandparents or uncle. I give them a budget when we go shopping and don’t exceed it unless necessary. The oldest is very good about working within a budget and can now budget her own money pretty well (probably very well if I would stop asking her to pick up household items while I am at work) :P
We aren’t an excessive family. We don’t travel to exotic locations or have tons of expensive toys. I do occasionally spoil them with a spa day but that is only a few times a year. We have a boat that costs more every year than it is worth and we have an older Prius that I drive strictly for gas benefits. The only somewhat extravagant thing we own is a Nissan Armada named “Cheyenne” that we bought to tow the boat and haul family at the same time. We did own a small truck until recently but it was definitely nothing fancy.
Now that you have read my boring intro you may wonder why you read it…………
I think my children are spoiled!
Remember that small truck I just mentioned. I bought that truck for Daddy D after his first deployment. Since he is currently deployed again he decided to give the truck to Cheer Diva and buy himself a new car when he gets back. She totaled the truck about two weeks ago. She was fine, just a few cuts and bruises, but they took her to the hospital to make sure she didn’t need stitches or anything. Before we were even out of the hospital she was planning her “new” vehicle. She told me she didn’t want a small car that she wanted a truck because she was sure she would have died had she been in a smaller car. I let it all slide since she is a little overdramatic at times and it was a stressful situation but there is no way in HELL she is getting a new vehicle. I gave her the Prius since it is better for her in the long run than a gas guzzling truck would be plus it has a five star safety rating.
In my opinion she is lucky to have anything! I mean seriously you have only been driving for a few months and you have already totaled a truck. She doesn’t have a job and she doesn’t pay for anything so basically her only responsibilities are her chores and 4 hours of cheerleading a week. I do throw in the occasional trip to the grocery store which apparently keeps her SUPER busy. Anyway I don’t guess I ever officially told her that she wasn’t getting a new truck in the near future. After one of her many comments about possible cars I had to explain that the Prius was now her car “Forever”. She then proceeded to call it a crap car. UMMMM NOOOPPPPEEEEE! That is the car that was bought for me last year! It was good enough for me it is damn well good enough for her.
This seems to be a recurring theme with her. She knows I want the new iPhone and have wanted it for a while now. Of course I allowed her to use my upgrade to get herself a new phone a few months ago because hers was once again broken. Now she has decided that there are only two items she could possibly want for her birthday the iPhone and a truck. Can you say “hell to the no” it aint happening people!
Lets just say after a small outburst from CaityBug they both wound up punished. CaityBug is grounded and Cheer Diva is going to have to get a job and pay for the difference in her car insurance since I am sure it will double now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment