Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

In 5 days I go under the knife

...and finally get the bariatric weight loss surgery I have been trying to get for 3 years. I am excited……apprehensive…..and a little freaked out! More than anything I am happy. I have already lost 7 lbs and can’t wait to lose more.
Bug is not happy about this surgery but only because she is scared I might die. She is thrilled for me to find a way to lose weight and I really hope it helps her with her weight loss issues as well. Cheer Diva is happy for me but having a hard time remembering I can’t eat the junk I used to. Both of them want to come to the hospital and stay all day but since it is a school day I can’t allow it. They are going to drop me off in the morning and come back that afternoon. Honestly I am letting them do that so that they are comfortable and not so scared about it. Plus it will be nice to have someone there to talk to.
I get to come home the day after surgery so I am really hoping I feel well. The girls will both be at Youth Cheer and since it is my favorite thing they do I am in charge of it this year. The control freak in me is having a hernia relinquishing control to someone else and let them run it the first night. I know I am too silly for words according to Bug!

0 comments:

Post a Comment