Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Monthly cheer booster meeting

OK so now that you have read the title you should understand why I feel like poking my eyes out to avoid going right? Well just in case you aren't familiar with why the words booster meeting and hell are interchangeable here are a few reasons why.

Anyway I went because that is what us crazy cheer mom's do so that we know what our cheer leaders are doing this month. I spoke with the cheer coaches about the issues LAX Diva had at the football game the other night and together we agreed that they needed to handle it. So I told them I was backing out of the whole situation so they could take over and deal with the Overzealous Cheer Momma who thinks she is the boss of everyone.

Now for the juicy bit....I always sit near the back because I like to see everyone and not have to turn around when people talk. Well today when I tried to sit down Overzealous Cheer Momma immediately said I should come sit at the front table with her and the Booster president (loudest lady ever). Being as I am staying out of the drama from the other night and trying to keep a semblance of peace I obliged. My ears were about to explode after an hour of the Booster president talking but I think I made my point that I am not going to back down or hide from Overzealous Cheer Momma. I know she was just waiting for me to say something out of line or want to "talk" about what happened the other night but I had made up my mind I was not being drawn into it.

Even juicier......One of our cheer moms was just in the paper for embezzling from her employer but since I am new to town I had no idea about it. Apparently the Booster president didn't know who she was either so she assigned the mother the job of setting up and collecting funds for a bowling fundraiser. Needless to say the other mom's informed her right after the meeting!

I could have sworn I moved to a small town where embezzling was not supposed to be a normal topic of conversation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment