Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

People seriously need to grow up!

I am now officially a Cheer mom and I am quickly learning that Cheer mom are as bad as a bunch of teenage girls. They have a ton of drama going on right now and I am doing my best to keep my mouth shut and stay the heck out of it. But as they say, the best intentions often fail.

So here goes the story......at the football game last night a cheerleader said a cuss word while in the concessions line. One of the other kids and her mother apparently decided it was their responsibility to verbally bitch slap the kid for saying "no shit." I get it OK! The kid is not supposed to cuss when she is in uniform because she is a representative of the school. But...first off this is not the parent or her daughters job to say anything to this kid...second this is where it takes a turn that I don't care for at all. LAX Diva stepped in and asked everyone to calm down and maybe deal with it later and the mother grabbed her arm and told her to "stay out of it." LAX Diva just walked away.

I am a little pissed since I firmly believe that no adult should lay their hands on anyone's kid. I know this lady and I know she is a little forceful but I also know she did not grab my daughter with any force or anger she was just wrong. My main issue is that the mom never should have been the one dealing with this issue, the cheer coaches should have done it. Last but not least LAX Diva's diarrhea of the mouth just will not grow away. I mean honestly why does she feel the need to get into every issue after I have repeatedly told her that keeping her mouth shut and staying out of the bullshit will save her so much trouble.

Anyway I had to work with the mother today at youth cheer and she immediately wanted to discuss this. I just told her I had no interest in discussing it. I will go to the coaches like she SHOULD have done and have them deal with her. If they don't then I will step up and take it from there.

1 comments:

Another Cheer Mom said...

I was doing a search to see if there were any other frustrated cheer moms out there and I found your blog. I can so relate to this situation—I dread all the years we have ahead of us with some of these people.

Post a Comment