Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Daddy D is spending his day in 109 degree heat surrounded by a war zone but I know there is nothing he misses more than his family and good food.

Yes this day is about independence and all that we have fought for as a nation. But really aren't we all fighting for the right to be ourselves and come together as a family around a table of food. It is the simplest freedom yet it means so much to those who are unable to enjoy it. Sure I could write a story about what this day is all about but to me and my family it means we are allowed to be a family. Plus Fox News already has all that other stuff covered.

So for me and my family we will miss Daddy D and the freedom to spend the day as a family. We will skip coming together as a family and eating a huge meal. We will do this in honor of his sacrifice for us and for our country. We will remember what this day means and we will celebrate it whole heartedly next year when Daddy D is home!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment