Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Speaking to Cheer Diva

Pleasing a teenage daughter is turning out to be very difficult. Even when I get things right, which is very seldom, it doesn't take long for her to be pissed at me for something else. I really never thought that I would have to agonize over every little thing I discuss with my daughter. But there are several topics that just always cause an argument. It gets to the point where I am afraid to discuss things with her for fear of pissing her off once again.

Topic number 1-Never ever discuss cheerleading.
         Unless I am willing to agree with her on everything she says I have to avoid this subject as a whole.
Topic number 2-Never discuss limitations with the boyfriend or parties.
         She is a good kid and doesn't need reminding from ME!!!!
Topic number 3-Never discuss her grades.
          Seriously why bother she has perfect grades her teachers just screw her every time.
Topic number 4-Anything she doesn't want to hear or discuss.
          This is a broad area that includes just about anything other than Hello and Goodbye.

As of right now I just avoid talking to her about anything unless she brings up the subject. Even when she brings up the subject I have to carefully pick my words for fear of saying something she doesn't want to hear. I honestly sit in the car and fume because I can't speak my mind or have an opinion on anything. We literally spent 4 hours in the car together yesterday and I felt blessed that she slept for part of it.

How wrong is that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment