Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Horseback Riding

Over the last year it has become very apparent that Bug does not have an athletic bone in her body. The child hates anything that require running or sweating. LOL

Anyway in the last year we have tried to get Bug involved in anything that gets her off the couch. She has the same problem I do with picking up weight and it is already starting to affect her negatively. This summer she refused to go to summer camp because it was at a lake and required her to wear a bathing suit all the time. She avoids pictures if she can't hide her waist and she is very self conscious about wearing things that are fitted.

So in a last ditch attempt to get her involved in something we decided to bend to her wishes and let her start horseback riding. Don't get me wrong we weren't against her taking lessons we were against the price! It is an expensive hobby!!! But since Daddy D was leaving and it was obvious it was her only interest Bug started lessons about 6 months ago. She loves every minute of it.

We changed teachers several months ago to save on cost and to shorten the drive. Now Cheer Diva and I are able to take lessons as well. I find it so relaxing that I don't even care if I ever learn how to do anything other than ride in circles. This sounds cray but I love brushing the horse and meandering around the stable doing anything. I bond with the horse and completely relax to the point where I almost feel like I am at a spa.

Bug is also enjoying riding! Not sure if she is bonding the way I am but she is loving every minute of it. Of course she and Cheer Diva are competitive about it so I have to keep them in separate lessons or they start bossing each other around. God bless America these kids can find a way to ruin my relaxation no matter the location! LMAO

0 comments:

Post a Comment