Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My car is cursed!

OK so apparently it is a bad thing to have a really nice car that you love as much or more than some of the members of your family. I named her Cheyenne and she is a humongous oversized SUV with all the bells and whistles. I traded in the puny little minivan that never even deserved a name without a second look and fell head over heals with Cheyenne's might powers. Why you ask is it a bad thing that I am in love with my new car? Because mayhem rains down upon it and turns the mighty Cheyenne into the most horrific headache you have ever experienced. Not only does mayhem affect my car but apparently it has it out for other cars around us as well. Point in case.

When my car was just a baby car (to me anyway) a snow storm came and sent a tiny little Toyota careening into the drivers side door. Poor Toyota! It should have known it was up against the mighty Cheyenne and just admitted defeat before becoming a big mass of twisted metal. I sort of felt sorry for it but honestly it was just a little bug in my fender. LOL

Anyway I got Cheyenne fixed and then she started having all kinds of computer problems. Like telling me the tires were low, the sunroof not working, and the cruise control being finicky. OK no problem I just took her to the dealership paid a whopping sum and got her back all shiny and new. I like her best shiny and new anyway so this was a double bonus right? Right?

So fast forward to this weekend, the kid staying in the rental home next door to us threw a rock and busted out our back rear window. Of course he was cute and I immediately let him off the hook because at least he came and told me instead of letting  me find out during a rain storm or something. Then we cleaned up the glass and proceeded to buy duct tape to fix her up until the new glass can come in. DID I MENTION WE WERE DRIVING 12 HOURS HOME FROM FLORIDA?? Yeah well just so you know duct tape doesn't work when it is over 100 degrees outside. So after 200 miles we had re taped the window 5 times and I was losing patience. (OK so I had already lost my patience but I was trying to seem nicer than I really am.) Then we rigged her up good and made it home.

Wait you guys thought that was the end right? LMAO NOPE!!! Cheyenne died in the driveway at my parents and wouldn't start. Dad tried to move his car and jump start Cheyenne but mayhem went all insane on us again and Dad blew a tire in his own garage! Seriously a block had been sitting there for years and never been hit until it was time to jump start Cheyenne and then WHAM it takes out a tire.

All in all Cheyenne had to have a new battery it took 4 hours to figure out how to change Dad's tire to one that is most likely dry rotted from lack of use and I finally made it home today. WHEW!

0 comments:

Post a Comment