Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My mother and her mental issues are driving me insane!

Seriously enough is enough! I am a 35 year old woman who is successfully raising children, holding down a job, going to college, and maintaining a marriage to a wonderful man.  I do not have time to go to therapy with my mother.

I don't know what has gotten into her, over the last few weeks she has been calling me and telling me she is worried about me. I ask why and she says you have just been so disconnected from us lately I feel like something is wrong. OK what do you say to that? My mother is a bipolar schizphrenic who suffers from a mild hoarding compulsion so I try to keep a little distance for my own sanity. I love her I really do but after all the therapy, medicines, and treatments she doesn't remember much of my childhood and her current life revolves around a couch. What am I supposed to discuss? The current state of the union?

So now she calls and says she thinks we need to go to Mother/Daughter therapy so we can bond. WTH people!!!! I just dont have the energy to rearrange my life for her again. Honestly I have moved her into my house when needed, lived with her when needed, managed her health care, managed her money, wiped her ass, and brushed her teeth all with no more than a headache as thanks. It's not that she isn't greatful and hasn't said so it is that she feels it isn't enough.

I don't have anything left to give! I don't want to spend months walking on egg shells around her while we go through therapy! I don't want to invite her into my life full force again only to lose her when her mind shuts down! I just don't have the energy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment