Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cheer Diva's Drama

You know how sometimes you are doing a lot of stuff all at once and juggling a lot of upcoming dates so you just happen to think something is in July when it is really in June? NO? Are you sure? I mean are you really being honest with yourself? LOL

Long story short I thought Cheer Diva's Lacrosse Camp was on July 22nd and guess what it was on June 22nd. I don't know why but last night I was laying in bed thinking about all the upcoming fundraiser dates we have planned for Cheer and the thought crossed my mind that Cheer Diva might just be double booked. I mean there is no way I would have signed her up for a camp at the same time as cheer camp right? UMMMM Yeah actually you are right. I didn't double book her I just had the date wrong in my head. It was on both my calendars correctly but I was convinced it was wrong so I never thought twice about it.

Needless to say this thought hit me at 1030 pm well after Daddy D's bedtime so he was not a happy camper when I got up and started running around the house to find the computer and confirm the date. Then of course my printer isn't working so I couldn't print the medical forms out so I was freaking out. Cheer Diva was of course pissed at me and convinced that everyone would treat her like a freak and leave her out because she wasn't going to be there the first night. She got ugly about the whole thing but I set her on her ass and reminded her it was her camp and therefore also partially her responsibility to remember things.

Anyway I helped her pack and reminded her 20 times to take sheets since they are staying in dorms at the college. We checked her in this morning before breakfast and I drove like a bat out of hell to get to work an hour late. An hour after I got to work I received the following text.

I NEED SHEETS!!

DUH Cheer Diva that is why I told you 20 times to pack them. I may be an idiot who gets dates wrong but I can pack with the best of them so next time instead of being all pissy and blocking me out I hope she will listen. Thank God a friend of mine at work has family who live near the college and they are going to take her sheets to get her through!

On another note it was really difficult to take my soon to be 16 year old daughter to a college dorm and drop her off. I didn't like it one little bit and even though I know she will be fine I was a little sad to leave her. It felt like I was dropping her off for college 2 years too early :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment