Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Cheer Momma Drama Continues!

I swear I can not win with this crap!

We have so much drama it is not even funny. I can't believe how petty some people are and how personally they take every comment. Last night we had our monthly booster meeting and we were trying to figure out our fund status as well as vote on having our choreographer come back to help the girls with tumbling and stunts before they go to regional competition. Funds are running a little tight but lets be honest we have alot of parents who don't do any fundraising and have no intention of paying for their cheer leader to go on the annual Nationals trip to Myrtle Beach. The plan as far as I can tell is for the parents to sit on their butts and have us raise all the funds then they get to go and reap the rewards. So funds are always going to be tight and I feel bad for the cheer leaders who bust their ass but aren't getting any help to improve themselves because we cant afford it.

A little background for you
1. Last year we competed at Nationals (we had to pay 4000+ dollars to attend) against 4 other teams and came in 5th. IE: Last place
2. We haven't made it to state competition since 2001
3. We suck compared to the people we compete against

So I voiced my opinion that we have the choice to keep our money and maintain our current level of competition or spend a little money on getting the girsl some help and maybe actually being able to compete against our peers! I mean going to Nationals in Myrtle Beach is awesome but wouldn't it be great for the girls to actually be able to get some real recognition at regionals where they aren't paying to get judged. Basically what I said was that we had every level of cheer leader from basic to advanced and we needed to develop them all so that everyone gets the benefit.

One of the parents stood up and accused me of insulting her child and calling the whole team crap and just basically went off on me. Of course this is the same lady who has been causing drama all year and who used to clean my house for me but I told her I didn't need her anymore (she sucked but I didn't say anything to her about it). So I apologized for offending her and her daughter both in public and via voice mail. Then I requested via voicemail that she return my house key since obviously she cant deal with me like an adult and keep her personal issues out of Booster club business. I let her know that since she apparently has such distaste for me I don't feel its appropriate she continue to have access to my house. Of course this all lead to a nasty voicemail from her this morning but I honestly just don't care. Guess what she doesn't ever want to speak to me again. LMAO

All the parents supported me and so did the coaches so I am not going to give it a second thought! Oh yeah right I get to mark her off the imaginary Christmas card list! LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment