Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The definition of insanity!

Every year we do the same things and get the same results which in any normal everyday setting would be the definition of insanity but on Christmas day it is considered a rite of passage. Why I ask do we consider a day of over eating, over indulging, and over stressing to be such an important day? Because that is the day when families come together and make it all happen. LOL

Over Eating-
I just realized that I cook the same things for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I always cook twice as much as I really need. I don't change the menu at all unless I add a dessert or something but I rarely ever take away from the current menu. How boring is that? Next year I plan to totally mess with peoples heads and make something like Lobster for dinner instead of Ham and Turkey. OK maybe not they would probably disown me and then make me commute somewhere for my Turkey and Ham, maybe I will just make a different casserole for a change.

Over Indulging-
Not only do we eat too much we buy too much! Honestly I lost track of all the presents under the tree. It was so bad the kids were opening gifts and I was saying, "OH yeah I completely forgot about that." This is why next year I plan to attempt all shopping on one day. This will keep me from over buying for each kid because I will be too tired and broke to continue on. Now I just need to convince Daddy D that he should keep me locked in a closet after that day so I don't pick things up throughout the rest of the season.

Over Stressing-
I cooked enough food for 15 people when only 8 people were actually coming, shopped for 30 people, decorated a house from top to bottom, and managed the finances as well as could be expected. Why am I so tired?

Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment