Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The MAN is trying to bring down the Physically Disabled people of the world!

First they told me I couldn't have Christmas lights up in my office or real trees which really ticked me off but hey who am I to fight the man right? Then they went a step too far and sent the safety inspector to inspect our office. This is how the conversation went:

Jack butt safety inspector: You have to remove this scooter
Me: Why
Jack butt safety inspector: It cant be left there over night and it cant be charged while in the building
Me: Why
Jack butt safety inspector: For a battery to be charged in the building you must have a shower and drain installed within 10 ft of the item
Me: So what happens if a scooter dies in the middle of the day? Does the Physically Disabled person have to low crawl out of the building?
Jack butt safety inspector: You can't have it in the building.
Me: So why didn't you all install all the proper safety items needed for the individuals who use these carts?
Jack butt safety inspector: (no reply)

So I contacted the top civilian in the office and he came down to fight the fight. I left the building because I knew I was going to lose my cool if I didn't.

Apparently the rest of the conversation went along the lines of this:
Top civilian: Just pointing out that there are currently no batteries in the scooter (they are out being charged at the auto shop)
Jack butt safety inspector: They can't be in the building.
Top civilian: How are the Physically disabled supposed to get around and go to the bathroom?
Jack butt safety inspector: The halls are not wide enough for the scooters
Top civilian: Isn't that an issue in case of fire?
Jack butt safety inspector: Batteries can't be charged in the building.

Needless to say they kept going back and forth with no answers being given. Finally the guy figured out the batteries were Gel not Acid and that changes things a bit. Last but not least he looked at the charger and found that it had a trip switch built in. Apparently that makes a big difference. Now he wants the specs for the cart.

OMG why cant we all just get along!

1 comments:

Muchelle said...

This whole thing is crazy. I was missing working outside the home but that idiotic conversation cured me.

Post a Comment