Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Do you ever just get tired?

Right now I am just tired. I have a 15 year old daughter who treats me like crap, a 10 year old daughter who is wonderful except when she isn't, and a extended family who is driving me crazy. Why can't any of them just let me alone for a bit so I can be normal.

As I am sure you are aware LAX Diva has issues with boundaries, mainly I set them and she annoys the crap out of me until I give in. Unfortunately for her I don't always give in. The problem is that anytime she gets news she doesn't like, particularly news that includes the word "no" she automatically goes off the deep end. You can't talk to her about anything after that. I swear she has a manual that lists what to do when the word "no" is applied to her. Step 1 roll eyes, Step 2 ignore the person talking and refuse to make eye contact, Step 3 cry, Step 4 get mad and try to leave, Step 5 the poor pitiful me routine, Step 6 claim she is stupid and therefore can't change, Step 7 claim she has no goals in life and therefore doesn't need to improve anyway. All in all it ends with me getting irritated and giving up on her again and again. I know she is a teenager and I should expect it but I am totally done at this point. She has to make the changes I can't keep doing it for her.

Bug on the other hand is a happy child and will do whatever she is asked when she is asked to avoid any kind of argument. Her only issues are that she absolutely can not control her mischievous side. This week alone she managed to get one fingernail worth of teal fingernail polish on the wall and she painted two keys on the keyboard green. I expect it because she has been this way forever but when she lies to me about it I get irritated.

In other news my aunt who used to be a wonderful loving person and is now a total witch informed me that since I didn't send a formal invitation to her for Thanksgiving she accepted an invitation to join her newly adopted family. Seriously my aunt thinks she needs some sort of formal invitation to Thanksgiving dinner. WTH! I told her to have a good time.

Peppermint Patti is still in the process of adopting a baby and even though she said she was going to wait until after she got possession of the baby to buy anything she is now requesting baby gifts for her birthday and Christmas. Come on people just give me a break already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment