Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

LAX Diva deleted me off of Facebook

I got sick of LAX Diva constantly going on Facebook and blowing up at me and her father so I blasted her the other day and told her I didn't appreciate it. So in all her brilliance she deleted me from her Facebook. She must be a real idiot if she thinks I wont figure out that I am no longer receiving 5 status updates a day from her!

Honestly I am just so tired of it. Raising a teenage daughter is hard enough without having to deal with them having 90 options to publish their life out to the entire world. I get so sick of being told I am a moron and being beaten to death with her guilt trips when I try to talk to her about anything. She can't have a conversation with us about anything without acting like an idiot because we don't just agree with everything she says.

I don't know if I am just such a failure at this or if she is just trying to drive me crazy so that she can get away with whatever she wants. I mean her opinions on life change as often as her underwear so how am I supposed to keep up with it. 2 months ago if I said anything about going to church she wasn't in the least bit interested now she has a religious boyfriend and every other post on Facebook is a bible quote. She actually made my father take her to church this weekend while we were down there and then had to spend thirty minutes explaining to the new boyfriend why she went to a Catholic church and not his choice of church. Seriously I am about to get irritated with this new boyfriend! We are not Baptist we are Catholic and having him drag her to his church every other day for some function is not going to change that. I am sick of the invitations, sick of the constant quotes coming out of my daughters mouth, and sick of the whole religious thing all together. If I wanted to change churches I would make that choice on my own not because some 17 year old kid is so wrapped up in his church that he can't have an identity without them.

Before I get yelled at by someone for not being open to another church please understand that I am happy where I am and have nothing against Baptist churches I just don't appreciate having a 17 year old kid condemn me for not being a Baptist.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Oh I can feel your pain. Teenage girls are the devil. Just ignore her, this phase shall pass. We have a bit of drama going on here with our boy and his g/f but I know if I push, he will be more inclined to be with her. Good thing is their attention spans are short.
Stay strong!

Ordinary Mom said...

Thanks I am trying to stay away from the boyfriend angle because I know it will only make her like him more. He really seems to be a good kid but she is his first real girlfriend and I think they are both going a little overboard.

Post a Comment