Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Almost a family outing

Yesterday we ventured out of town to an aquarium I visited as a child and thought was pretty cool. Of course LAX Diva did not want to go because she had a sleepover planned for that night. We would have been home on time but as usual if she couldn't get there the minute she wanted she would just DIE! LOL So we took a friend of Bug's who I will call Loud Mouth. Now let me just say that I love Loud Mouth and have a lot of sympathy for her needing attention at home. She has a sister with some major medical issues and I always try to give her a little extra attention at my house to help make up for the lack of focus at home. I just wish she would realize that getting attention at my house doesn't require talking at sound decibels that break glass.

Needless to say the day started off on a sour note. I had a migraine, LAX Diva wasn't participating, and Loud Mouth and Bug were breaking my skull apart talking in the car. They weren't really being that loud but in an enclosed space with a migraine I was about to throw them into oncoming traffic. Top that off by the fact that we missed the turnoff to go eat so we decided to drive the rest of the hour to the aquarium before eating. I DO NOT DO WELL WHEN I AM VERY HUNGRY!!!!! I get mean and pissy and just downright evil. So by the time we arrived I was RIPE! Thank God we were able to get some food in a reasonable amount of time and even though I was in such a bad mood the only problem we had once we reached the aquarium we me spilling a drink because the lids were under lock and key? Why would they need to protect the drink lids?

The Bug and Loud Mouth had a great time and really enjoyed themselves. I only had to fuss at them a couple of time and tell them to stop running off. For the two of them that is a major accomplishment, it may just be sinking in for Loud Mouth that I only go so far before pushing back. I gave them both 20 bucks and let them lose in the gift shop where they bought a ton of junk just like I knew they would. On the upside I got a really pretty glass starfish necklace and a glass bowl for display.

Daddy D wanted seafood for dinner (how ironic) but Loud Mouth doesn't eat fish so the girls picked Hard Rock Cafe. I find the food to be overpriced and not that great but it is a pretty cool place. We got LAX Diva a shirt there and Bug and Loud Mouth picked out a Best Friends necklace to share. All in all it was fun but considering I was still recovering from a migraine I could have done with a little less rock and roll.

So the day went from bad to good so what else can a mom ask for? A teenage daughter who comes with us.........

0 comments:

Post a Comment