Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Torture

Daddy D is in the army and we have been married for 11 years. During the entire time we have only been stationed in two states. Now don't get me wrong it makes it a lot easier when we move because we generally have an idea how to get there and what the name of the local cable company is but....I married a man in the military to see the world! So yesterday after weeks of waiting and being told that we were finally moving to Colorado or Washington State we got orders sending us right back to the same state we just left.

I am so pissed! Daddy D has been busting his hump to get us somewhere different and I think he may have pissed off the guy who makes the decision but poor thing he was just trying to get us somewhere new. We have to provide the military with a list of the top 4 places we would like to go so we knew when we put the old place on the list it was a possibility. But it was number 4 on the list and we had been told the top two were a shoe in so we only put it down because we had to complete the list. Since it was such a remote possibility we thought of it almost like a joke.

Well as normal the joke is on us. We are moving back to the same damn state once again and to top it off they don't have a lacrosse program. Maybe you guys remember LAX Diva and her love of only one thing! I know she is young and she can find something else to do but being a military family you have to give up so much that it seems cruel to ask her to give up the one thing her 14 year old hormones still allow her to love. Right now it is looking like the closet LAX team is over 30 miles away and mostly at private Catholic girls schools that I highly doubt we could afford even if we are willing to commute it.

Top all this off with the great news that we will be in a beautiful country area, I will be able to keep my job, and it is close to both sets of in laws. If it weren't for LAX Diva's sport and my desire to see the world we would be excited.

So now I am torturing myself trying to figure out how to make all this work. Should I kill myself commuting an hour each morning to get LAX Diva to a lacrosse team or should I say this is just one of those things she is going to have to live through?

0 comments:

Post a Comment