Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Madness

I really hate Monday's! I hate getting up in the morning and having to put on dress clothes for work. I hate having to fix my hair and wear makeup. I hate having to wake up Bug and get her moving. I hate paying to eat breakfast at work when it is cheaper at home (I am still to lazy to make it). I hate having to sit at a desk all day and stare at a computer and last but not least I really hate MONDAY'S!!!!!

No nothing is notably worse on Monday than any other day of the week, it is the simple fact that I can't sleep in and not fix my hair. To top it off I have to wear fancy schmantzy clothes and shoes. ARGH! Some days I wish I worked in a pharmacy again so I could wear scrubs all day every day. OH yeah and tennis shoes! OH how I miss wearing tennis shoes to work. I think I could write a sonnet about the joys of wearing tennis shoes to work everyday.

The absolute worst part about Monday's is waking up Bug. She hates mornings and no matter what you do at some point you have to stop playing nice and get her moving. Then it really hits the fan. She is the kind of kid that you have to wake up slowly by rubbing her back or snuggling her and talking to her. Lord forbid you have less than 10 minutes to get her out of bed.

Here is a sample of how the mornings are with Bug.
1. 630AM spend 10 minutes rubbing, talking, and coaxing
2. 640AM she enters the shower and lays in tub sleeping
3. 650AM I go in and tell her to get a move on and actually wash a body part or two
4. 700AM I make sure she washed and is finally out of the tub.
5. 705AM she is laying in bed soaking wet wrapped in a towel sleeping AGAIN!
6. 710AM I start asking her nicely to get dressed about every 5 minutes.
7. 730AM I stop asking her nicely to get dressed and start getting a little more forceful about it.
8. 735AM I stop being forceful and start threatening
9. 740AM I lose all semblance of sanity and tell Daddy D to deal with it
10. 741AM Daddy D loses all patience and the fight begins for real
11. 745AM Bug is in tears and screaming
12. 750AM Daddy D is threatening to make her walk to school if she isn't ready in 5 minutes.
13. 755AM Bug is still in tears and screaming and Daddy D is two steps away from completely losing it.
14. 759AM Bug remembers to ask us to sign some type of paper for school
15. 800AM Daddy D and Bug are out the door, in the car, and on the way
16. 801AM optional stop at McDonalds if steps 10-13 dont occur.

Needless to say I don't think Bug likes Monday's either! LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment