Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Annoying Coworker's

OK so I know we have all had one, but how do you deal with them? Right now I am working in a job that is basically a temporary position. I am not a temporary employ but I am a contractor and I was transfered to a contract that ends in September. Now I am due to PCS (military speak for move to another state) around July so it is highly doubtful I will be here long. Needless to say it has been hard for me to break the short timers attitude and really want to dig deep for this position. Unfortunately my coworker has short timers attitude much worse than I do and she is driving me nuts.

First off she comes to work late and leaves early. Second she doesnt do shit because she is too busy building her new house in Kentucky. Third she just flat has an attitude about doing any work she doesnt think is important enough for her attention. Fourth she has slacked on so many projects we basically just leave her off the list of people to do things. Fifth she is smart as hell and could be a huge help but drives us nuts by using her knowledge like a weapon instead of a tool. Sixth she isnt afraid of losing her job because of the short time she has left (less than a month) and therefore is pulling shit left and right. Seventh she magically has a few days a week were someone is sick, was in a car accident, the daycare is closed, or some other shit comes up that is moronic and she has to work from home. Eighth how the hell do you not know that your daycare is closing for the entire week of spring break and then are unable to find anyone to watch your kid for even a single day so you could come to work.

All of this should be enough to drive an anal rententive worker like myself to tears but top it all off with the fact that I am at work listening to salsa music through the cubicle walls and I am about to scream. Pour an extra helping of constantly being on the phone arguing with her building contractor is spanish and I am about to jump out of the 9th floor window. Now dont get me wrong I have nothing against Peurto Rican/Hispanic people but I try to be respectful of others and keep my music down and not spend the whole day yapping on the phone. We work in tiny cubicles people! I can hear everything everyone around me says and does. Speaking in a foreign language doesnt hide the fact that you just spent two hours discussing 'mi casa' while I have been busting my ass covering for your lack of work.

OK I feel a little better now that I have blown off some steam! LMAO

0 comments:

Post a Comment