Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Its Amazing what goes on in a parking lot

Tonight Daddy D and I stopped off at the grocery store on the way home to pick up some beer. Normally this would be a boring little snippet of my day and not worth mentioning but tonight while I was sitting in the truck waiting for him to return I noticed something a little unusual. No it wasn't the homeless lady that always sleeps in the bushes or some wild kid running around in his karate uniform. A lady was sitting in her car directly in front of me drinking small bottles of liquor. This was especially disturbing since she was sitting in the drivers seat having an emotional breakdown.

I hate to say it but since she was screaming at the younger lady next to her and obviously having an emotional moment I called 911. They asked me to identify her and to give them all kinds of information so I did. Then the 911 operator says "how do you know she did this?" I said I am sitting here watching her. I was literally 10 feet away just talking on the phone in the car and trying not to stare at her. She then proceeded to get out and go into the grocery fussing all the way so I got out and gave them her license plate number.

Now I am just hoping I don't get called to court as an eye witness or anything. I have never called 911 before and know I should have called the police instead but I didn't know if I would have time to look up the number before she left and possibly killed someone driving in that state. Talk about turning a boring little trip to the grocery store into a major event.

0 comments:

Post a Comment