Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

LOL, alot has changed since I last blogged.
* First off I have a new job but it is BORING! so guess what I am back on Google trying to save my sanity.
* Second I am getting ready to move to another state thanks to the US military and hopefully they will give me an answer about which state that is to be real soon.
* Third, my youngest daughter now officially named Bug for this blog is now 10 years old and turning into a teenager.

Other than that life hasnt changed much.
* I am still in college and plugging away one class at a time to reach the final goal of an associates degree in Business Admin.
* I am still working in a job that has no point with people who seem to have no work ethic.
* Iam still raising a 14 year old teenager now officially named LAX Diva for blogging purposes and yes I am still lost about how to continue parenting her.
* I am still married to my wonderful hubby who we shall call Daddy D and yes he is still alive cause I have yet to kill him even when extremely annoyed.

Anyway now that we are all caught up I thought I would ask for some opinions from my non-existent blog followers?

How do you determine when to take a kid to the doctors office?

LAX Diva is the queen of injuries and she is driving me crazy with them at this point. You all should know that my mom has had major mental and physical illness for years so the kids see her being sick all the time and emmulate that when they want attention. I have always dealt with this by being attentive when they have major complaints and trying to downplay things when they have minor complaints. Unfortunately with two daughters who have grown up around someone who is constantly sick this is becoming a major issue now. Anyway LAX Diva has been injured multiple times during the last two years while playing Lacrosse (LAX) and while almost all of the injuries have been NOTHING!!!! she has had a major ankle sprain, broken nose, and now a concussion. Each time she has had an injury I have taken her in to the doctor for care and 90 % of the time it has been nothing. Litterally they prescribe Motrin and rest and send her home. The last injury she had was a knee injury that required x-rays, bloodwork, and a MRI at 3AM and then it turned out that nothing was wrong and she had no injury at all. I took time off work drove all over the place and even got up to take her to a 3AM appointment for an injury that didnt exist.

Now she has a concussion! She got it last Thursday and the team trainers said it was mild to just let her rest and to take her in to the DR if she had any of the major symptoms. Well guess what as soon as she heard the trainer list the major symptoms she had half of them! She immediately said she was sick at her stomach and then that she couldnt remember the date and blah blah blah! So we have been letting her stay home when she has a headache and letting her rest instead of help around the house and all that, but yesterday she couldnt get out of bed due to her major headache. Of course when it came time to put together the pasta dinner for the team and go have some fun she was FINE! Today she has the same issue and is calling me from school to be picked up. So I made her a doctors appointment even though I think nothing is wrong and am going to see what the deal is cause I am sick of this crap.

How do I know when she is faking and when she isnt?

0 comments:

Post a Comment