Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Exciting news!

LAX Diva made the cheer team and I am so proud of her even though we found out later that she pretty much just had to show up and she was on the team. Wish I would have known that before I spent 150$ on private gymnastic lessons :) The coaches seemed pretty cool and it is a great way for her to get to know some kids before school even starts.

Then we got even better news the high school has a lacrosse team!!!!! They just started it last year so that is why we couldn't find any information on it. Of course LAX Diva is thrilled but I kept waiting for her to jump up and down with excitement and it never happened. I thought it was kind of odd but being as she pretty much hates me most of the time I decided not to mention it.

We left the hotel to go to dinner right after that and I noticed LAX Diva was in a really foul mood so I had to have a talk with her. Finally she admitted she is afraid she won't be able to play lacrosse if she is on the cheer team. I explained to her that the seasons were slightly off and we would talk to the lacrosse coach about practice times and dates to make sure they didn't overlap anymore than they had to. I think she is OK with it now but I know she would not have tried out for cheer leading had she known they had lacrosse. I just hope she has enough fun doing cheer that she sticks with it.

So we all had an exciting day today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment