Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Patience is not my virtue!

Well I am now a homeowner! Not sure how happy I am about that but I didn't really have a choice in the matter since there was nothing to rent. I like the house and hopefully I will fall in love with it while I am picking the final touches. Unfortunately right now everyone is driving me nuts and I am just irritated trying to get everything together when I live 12 hours away. The kids keep picking out colors for their rooms and they don't even have comforters yet! Today we had to go to Lowe's to pick out the rest of the appliances and lighting and every ten seconds the kids are trying to get me to go look at curtains or pick out paint samples. I was about to pull my hair out so I took the kids home and went to get my eyebrows done. LOL

It would probably be easier to do all this if I actually had wood samples or laminate samples but I don't. I do have some pictures of the items but I hate trying to use pictures to make a match because you never know how the lighting is affecting the colors. Case in point I got two pictures of the cabinets from the same store, one is from the corporate catalog and the other is from their showroom, they look totally different. It would also probably be easier if I had some sort of list saying what lighting was needed but I am still waiting on that. Needless to say I am being impatient and trying to get a head start but it is probably causing me more stress than needed.

On another note Daddy D is gone all weekend for drinking and debauchery otherwise known as a Bike Tour. A whole group of guys ride bicycles for 20 miles and stop and drink a beer at 22 bars. WOW What a bunch of boys! This is the 10 year anniversary of the Bike Tour and while I did go once it is definitely more fun for Daddy D when I stay home. It gives him some time with his guy friends and lets just say I don't have to worry about him doing anything other than falling down drunk. He sure as hell ain't getting laid after he drinks 22 beers. LMAO

While I love the man I could really use his help picking everything out and right now I am just slightly impatient with his weekend of fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment