Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Well I never!

Sometimes I wonder if people are just fucking stupid or if they just think I am fucking stupid and don't need to be listened to. I am in the process of trying to get a gastric bypass and for the last three years I have been bounced from one Dr to another trying to get someone to listen to me. Being a military wife I get a lot of "just run 3 miles a day" and "eat walnuts" bullshit! I have told them repeatedly that I work out try to eat at least somewhat healthy meals and they just nod and send me back to the nutritionist. Well dammit I finally got mad and decided to just not leave until they put in a referral to a gastric consult. I brought a list of the required consultations for the surgery and sat there while she entered them all in the computer.

I had a false sense of satisfaction when I left the Dr's office and it lasted until I started trying to schedule the consultations. The operators kept bouncing me back and forth but I was getting all my appointments done in less than 2 weeks. SOMETHING HAD TO BE WRONG!!! Nothing ever works that well in the military. LOL Well a few days later I start getting calls about the consultations and they want to book me an appointment. My "look at me I am so special" voice came out and said "I already booked them!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (ROLLING LAUGHTER HERE PEOPLE)Needless to say the people who originally booked them hadn't a fucking clue what they were doing and had booked me in all the wrong slots.

After repeated phone calls to confirm everything was fine and get directions I went to my first appointment this morning. Getting to the appointment took longer than expected so I was about 5 minutes late but I found it and got in line to check in. 20 MINUTES LATER! the receptionist finally says I can step forward and then asks me what I was there for. I told her and she says "OH your supposed to be down the hall at a different clinic." So I take off down there and they say your late. I was like well NO SHIT SHERLOCK! So they asked me to have a seat and wait. Finally I got to see someone who could check me in for my appointment and guess what? THEY HAD BOOKED MY APPOINTMENT WRONG!!!!!! After all that jumping through hoops it was still fucked up but the nice nurse got me in to see the right Dr about 30 minutes later.

So you guys are expecting that to be the end of the day right? NOPE I had another appointment this afternoon at a different hospital way across town. I had to ride public transportation with a man who had a tick! He kept making farting noises with his mouth the entire hour ride. And no he was 15 and stupid he was 45 and dressed like a business person and I feel bad for being irritated with him but I had damn migraine by this point and he wasn't helping.

Last but not least I make it to the NUTRITION appointment and find the words "Substance Abuse Counselor" printed on the door! HOLY SHIT!!!! Anyway I thought what the hell after today I may need substance abuse counseling so I knocked. LMAO Long story short Nutrition had moved to another flipping building and no one had bothered to tell the appointment line. So I had to walk 3 blocks to the building so I could have a lady tell me the same thing every other nutritionist has told me!

Damn now I need a beer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment