Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Men! Why do they have to be so difficult

Daddy D and I found a house. Well at least we think we did! Now we just have to get the ornery ass contractor to agree to what we want. Why is it that men are so stubborn about certain things? I mean all I am asking him to do is move one wall! Yeah I know that sounds like a lot but the house is still under construction so why not and before you men fuss and cuss it is not a load bearing wall. :P (That's me sticking my tongue out at you for thinking I am a girly girl who is unrealistic.)

Right now the house is about 3/4 of the way done but the finishes haven't been put in yet so I get to pick the lighting, flooring, and appliances. The contractor is being a little bit of a pain in the ass about the flooring but he is willing to let someone else come in and install it for us. He wouldn't have such a problem if he hadn't been planning to lay carpet in the formal dining area. UGH!

Seriously why do men build houses without getting the input of a woman? He has a 1000 square feet of walk in storage area in the basement and then puts a 12x12 room at the bottom of the stairs. Why? Shouldn't a builder keep in mind that someone has to live there and 1000 sq ft of man room is not what most people need. So I am asking that the builder move the wall so that I have a 500 sq ft storage area and a 12x24 room. Of course he refuses to do it and wants us to buy the house the way it is and then have someone else come in and do it. Which I think is retarded because then I have to deal with construction and drywall dust in a brand new house that should be done.

Wish me luck people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment