Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

People Amaze Me

Do you ever wonder why some people just refuse to see the positive in anything?

I mean honestly do they sit at home and try to think of ways to make things negative? Maybe I am just naive....Hell maybe I am wearing rose colored glasses but I can say that nothing that has ever happened in my life has been all negative or all positive. Every story or event has two sides.

Now I am not trying to say that somthing like the UVA murder is a good thing or a positive event, it is definately a negative thing. But what about the person that is so affected by this that they make a positive change in their life? Once again the negative has a positive effect.

You may wonder what has brought on my little rant here so I will tell you. In the last few weeks I have read some of the pettiest stories that stretch the truth, ignore most of the facts, and just downright trivialize what has been acheived. No decision is going to be 100% positive for everyone involved. Someone may have to make some hard decisions that affect a small group of people. Those hard decisions might be made to help a large group of others.

WAKE UP PEOPLE! WE DONT LIVE IN A UTOPIA WHERE EVERYTHING IS ALL FREAKING AMAZING ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!!!

The political crap where I live has just irritated me to no end at this point. No one focuses on where we are trying to go and what we are trying to acheive they only focus on the negatives that sometimes have to happen to make it a reality. No one cares that removing bad employees with poor ratings is a positive thing for everyone else they only focus on the fact that some of the people being removed from their jobs have been grandfathered in for years. Finally it is coming to light that things are improving and that it is working and the media is only covering the fact that the press conference blocked a sidewalk and inconvenienced a few people.

WOW SERIOUSLY! The fact that progress is being made is much less important than someone possibly having to wait for traffic to clear before walking around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment