Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

New Puppy

I posted a while back about our new Pomeranian puppy. We named her Eleanor but we call her Ellie for short and she is cutest little thing ever. Unfortunately she is still in puppy stage which means she had no manners and likes to nip at people. HAHA Poor thing she had no idea what she was getting into when she decided to join our family. Well OK I will admit we decided she should join the family but she could have run away or something right! LOL

I may have forgotten to mention that Bug has a small issue with puppies and kittens.....she loves them a little too much. She drives me absolutely crazy! She drags Ellie around so much I am almost positive the dogs feet would never touch the ground if I didn't make Bug let her down every once in a while! Every time I put Ellie in the kitchen for a little down time Bug starts whining about why is Ellie in there alone, and wont she be sad, and can't she come out to pay. If I take my eyes off Bug for a second she has Ellie out playing. The poor dog is so tired she falls asleep every time I set her down for a minute.

Bug's love comes at a price though :( all of our older dogs avoid her like the plague because she wont leave them alone. I really am trying to let Bug have a little more time with Ellie so that they bond a little since the other dogs don't like her that much. Bug really wants her very own dog but since she is so overly affectionate with the ones we have now I have held back. Ellie was supposed to be my dog but Bug has taken her over so I think I am just going to give in and call her Bug's :( Of course on the upside I guess that means I could get the black Pomeranian I want so that I will have one in each color. OOOOOORRRRRRRR since Bug is the one who really wants a black Pomeranian I could get one for her and claim Ellie as my own. YEAH Now I am thinking! Silent note to self "make sure Daddy D is deployed during this so that I don't get divorced immediately."

Just so you know here is the current roundup:
Daddy D has his dog Luna a Norwegian Elk Hound mutt, who I call Loonie Lulu because she is a crazy pain in my ass!

LAX Diva has Teddy a sable colored Pomeranian who is the old man of the house and who doesn't have time for anyone but LAX Diva. He is a one woman dog. LOL

Last but not least I have Ellie a white Pomeranian who is yet to be determined personality wise.

OOPS I forgot Daddy D also has a cat named Tangie who has gotten much more like able with old age.
OK so maybe I didn't post Tangie in her most flattering pose but she did try to bite me while I was doing this!

2 comments:

stil29 said...

Here's my suggestion. When you get settled take Ellie and Bug to dog obedience school. Even for just an 8-week session. She will learn so much about Ellie and how Ellie feels and how to handle Ellie in such a way that dogs crave. I think it will give Bug great understanding in handling dogs so that she does not always have to be ON the dog to have the dog's love. She will understand what Ellie needs to feel loved so maybe she won't overcompensate so much. A good trainer will show her how to handle Ellie the way Ellie needs handled instead of handling her the way Bug thinks she needs to be handled. It will really empower her. Of course, after all that Ellie will definitely be her dog :P.

Ordinary Mom said...

I tried to get Daddy D to take her with Luna and he thought it was too much trouble. I guess this time I will have to put my foot down and say she is going!

Post a Comment