Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Some parents!

Today we had a busy day!!! Super busy, but we got it all done without issue. Now we just have a few things to follow up on during the week. Needless to say after the Friday nights events we have been making some major parental changes around the house. Daddy D and I laid down the law this morning and gave both the kids their parent/child responsibilities contracts. Neither kid loved them but they were an important step in us changing the way things are done around here. This is hard freaking work! I mean seriously I think I am going to feel like a warden for the first few weeks but Daddy D and I are both determined to put these rules into place.

So on to the rest of the day.....things actually went pretty well. We did a little shopping and gave the girls a limit that I didn't bend on. Then we did a little more shopping and headed home to get ready for Bug's lacrosse game and LAX Diva's gymnastics lesson. I felt a little bad because she was sore from her major meltdown but I told her that soreness was just as much her fault as it was ours for having to hold her down. She made it through without any major issues and we headed off to Bug's lacrosse game.

I was tired and irritable by the time we got there but I thought I was going to get to sit down and enjoy a game. BOY WAS I WRONG! We were playing are arch rival (ie: the team that kicks everyone's ass year after year) and these three men got into an argument on the sideline. I am team mom so I had appointed someone to be a Field Marshall for the day and step in if someone was causing a problem. Of course half the parents don't show up to do their volunteer duties and the other half show up and just pretend they aren't there. So here is 5'2" me having to stand up to three 6'3" guys and tell them to shut up. I mean seriously they were arguing because two guys were standing and keeping other people from being able to see. We play on a football field people just get the heck up and move if someone is in your way.

It had to look hilarious from the other sideline!!! Little ol' me standing there telling three grown men to back up, sit down, and walk away or I was calling the cops!!! HAHAHAHA! I guess the ref's saw it and called the coach over to put an end to it because he showed up about the time I got all of them to agree to back off and play nice. I spent the rest of the game looking over my shoulder at them to make sure they behaved. I think I finally got to relax when they all got in their cars and left.

Seriously some parents just need to grow up!

BTW Daddy D was on the other side of the field being the time keeper. He totally cracked me up when I asked him why he didn't come back me up. Apparently Daddy D sat in his chair the whole time and told the lady next to him, "my wife's there now she will handle it." LOL He sure must think I am one scary lady:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment