Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Spring Cleaning with a Teenager

Some words should just never be said in the same sentence. Things like "spring cleaning" and "teenager" are a definite no no.

Anyway I must have been drunk earlier this week when I decided that Spring cleaning would be done today. You have to understand that we are getting ready to move so when I say Spring cleaning I mean going through everything and getting rid of anything that doesn't need to move with us. Apparently in my drunken state I also thought it would be a great idea to give everyone a few days notice so they could get their minds wrapped around the idea. What the hell was I thinking?

So I woke up today and reminded everyone of the entertainment that was planned. Then the whining started. LOL LAX Diva needed more sleep she was too tired, Daddy D had to get an oil change, and Bug just didn't want to move. I politely (AHEM) reminded them that they all knew this was coming and told them to suck it up. So LAX Diva started throwing around her attitude to see if that would work. I figure her plan was to torture me with bitchiness until I broke down and let her have her way. HA!!!!! I didn't bite and informed her that since she was getting new furniture she needed to clean off her old shelves and furniture and get rid of about half of it.

Needless to say the day proceeded in the following fashion:
Me: LAX Diva, please go get your clothes from the laundry room
LAX Diva: Stomp, slam door, huff, puff, pick up clothes, stomp, slam door, huff, puff

Me: LAX Diva, your sister finished her room but she cant reach her shelves can you dust them?
LAX Diva: Bitch, moan, grunt, yell at sister to get out, dust shelves for an hour
(there are two and they are 3 feet long)

Me: LAX Diva, I really wish you would use your bathroom instead of mine all the time.
LAX Diva: The bathroom is creepy and I am not using it!
Me: Well the window in the master shower just fell apart so you should feel free to take a shower with half the world watching.
LAX Diva: Fine I will use my bathroom!

AH the wonderful world of parenting! At least we didn't wind up in a knock down drag out argument.

0 comments:

Post a Comment