Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Am I an addict?

I think I am an addict. Webster defines an addict as: to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively. So I am pretty sure I am an addict and there is no way in hell I am going to go on TV and do something like "The OCD Project." The other problem is I am having a hard time deciding exactly what I am addicted to. I have so many things that I think it is probably best to list them.
1. Glee (watched online because Daddy D hates it)
2. Blogs
3. my favorite online military wife support group
4. Rules of Engagement
5. NCIS
6. Groupon
7. Yelp
8. Diet Coke

Honestly I could keep going but then it would just start getting ridiculous and I might lose readers. LOL  As you have noticed several of them are related to the computer. I found out yesterday I may not be able to get DSL in my new home and I honestly thought I was going to fall over in a dead faint. I have had DSL for years people I don't even remember what it is like not to have DSL. OK now I am upset again BREATH BREATH BREATH!!!!!

So my question is should I quit cold turkey or try to wean myself off some of them?

I can do this right?

4 comments:

Paula said...

Can you get internet through your cable? Since moving to Hawaii, we have had our cable TV, internet and phone in one package. I LOVE it. I will never go back to "real" phone service. I can call anywhere in the country and it costs me nothing.
The downside is: when the power goes out, you have no phone or internet. I don't mind that though, sometimes everyone needs a break :)

Ordinary Mom said...

I am thinking I might be able to get it through a satelite service but I have to check into it. I don't think we get cable there either! LOL I am moving to the boonies.

aka. Mimi said...

Do they even HAVE dial-up anymore?!?

Ordinary Mom said...

Unfortunately for me they still do!

Post a Comment