Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Parenting

First let me say sorry it has been a few days my computer was acting up and wouldn't let me in here!

OK so when I started this blog it was in an attempt to find other parents of teens and pre-teens who would tell me I wasn't a complete nutso! I have noticed however that I tend to talk more about my life than my parenting issues. Since I had no intention of talking on and on and on about me (OOPS) at the time it never crossed my mind to focus on me for a blog. So I guess you guys are just going to have to live with hearing about me and the kids! LOL Just to keep your juices flowing I will post weekly updates and DRAMA about them as needed!

See here I am doing it now!

LAX Diva may have to be renamed due to our move. I mean seriously how can I name her after a sport she won’t be able to play after a few weeks. So I am considering Cheer Diva since that appears to be her new favorite thing. Other than boys that is!!!! Maybe I will start a Lacrosse league in the new state and then she would have to go back to LAX Diva. Of course now I am gun shy and I am afraid to nickname her after a sport, what happens if she quits. I don't want to confuse my readers by constantly changing names right? See what just happened I went all nutso over an internet nickname I gave my daughter. This is what I am talking about people!!!!

For some reason parenting LAX Diva is kind of in a holding pattern right now. I guess since I laid down the law she has backed off quite a bit so now I am just waiting for all hell to break lose but enjoying it while it is calm. I can already see her attitude coming back though so I am going to talk with Daddy D about helping me enforce the rules a little better now that we no longer have sports and things interfering nightly. Maybe it is just me but I feel like if I bend in the least little bit with her I wind up paying big time.

Bug just played her last lacrosse game this season and amazed us all when she didn't fall in the middle of the field yelling HALLELUJAH after the game was over. She actually said she was sad that they lost. I don't really believe her though I think she was just trying to sucker me into buying her ice cream. :P Now she is focused on the puppy and driving it insane! LOL I don’t know for sure but I think Ellie is going to give her a run for her money. She's a feisty little ball of fur.

The weird thing is that now Bug is becoming more and more of an issue. She hates the new rules, she constantly has to be reminded to do her chores, and she is getting mouthy! The mouthy part is what scares me because it reminds me of when LAX Diva around this age. I seriously don’t know if I can go through that again so I guess I am going to have to go into full on crack down mode with both of them.

Should be fun at my house right!

0 comments:

Post a Comment