Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Patience of Job

Some days I wonder if I have any patience at all. I mean I honestly feel like I am a patient person but at times I just want to throw my hands up in the air and scream at people. Seriously is it that difficult to do your chores or remember that you aren't the only person in the house?

I know I am somewhat anal about my house being picked up and that it is only ever dirty if I am depressed or ill. Having said that I don't ask much from the people who live with me in the way of house cleaning. They are basically just required to pick up after themselves, do laundry on occasion, load and unload the dishwasher, and keep their rooms organized. Now before someone goes all crazy on me lets just say organized means bra's in the bra drawer, hanging clothes on hangers not the floor, and shoes in the closet. My philosophy is if you don't leave it laying there you won't have to listen to me complain about it later. Just put up what you get out and life will be great.

So yesterday I come home and the house smells like finger nail polish remover and I am instantly pissed off. First because I know Bug has it out upstairs without supervision. Second because LAX Diva who is supposed to be watching Bug is on the back porch and probably has no idea what Bug is doing. Third because Daddy D and I both hate the smell of nail polish remover. Fourth I may have been a bit snippy anyway. Fifth I have lost tons of linens and wood furniture to finger nail polish and finger nail polish remover.

I open the dishwasher and guess what the clean dishes are still in it. I look downstairs and clean clothes are piled all over the furniture. I look at the dog bowls and they are empty. I look at my sink and the dirty pots are still in it. Then I look over and see the puppy that is never supposed to be unsupervised eating my carpet!

Unfortunately Job totally stood me up and therefore I lost my patience. I take no credit for this and feel that Job may need to issue me a written apology. Job may also owe one to my kids but hey they screwed up in the first place so I won't hold him to it. Since I am trying to be a better parent I didn't yell I just reminded them that they had better shape up or I would be implementing punishments.

Maybe I owe Job an apology.....I did have enough patience to think about what I said before I said it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment