Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Kids have no idea how much work this shit is!

LAX Diva and Bug honestly think that our lives should revolve around shuttling them from one event to the other. I can't say that I blame them for thinking that because it is what we do most of the time but it isn't what I live for! They also seem to think that juggling everything is simple and therefore not a problem when they decide to add to the list. Everyday it is something new and it is getting old.

Here are my random questions:
Where are the other parents? Do they not have cars? Why am I constantly picking up other peoples kids and chauffeuring them around? Do you really need to go to every event? Is there some sort of conspiracy that is preventing me from getting notified more than 8 hours in advance of school events? Am I alone out here or do other people have this problem?

Here is a sample of every day:
Today at 7AM we had to pick up cookies for a Sundae Party at Bug's school. I was given a total of 24 hours notice on this one so I have no real excuse. LAX Diva's school is apparently getting out early (how did I miss that note) and she wants to go eat and go to the movies with a friend. She doesn't seem to understand why I can't answer YES or NO immediately to this. So at 8AM Daddy D was calling Bug's school to confirm she had a full day of school and then transferring money to LAX Diva's debit card. Now I just have to make sure LAX Diva makes it home in time for Bug to get out of school or Bug will be standing on the curb. Oh yeah the kid LAX Diva is doing this with needs a ride home and may or may not be needing a ride back to our house for a sleep over.

Wanna bet this doesn't work out and becomes another "Mommy Fail."

0 comments:

Post a Comment