Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Inner Workings of a Teenage Girls Mind

I often ask myself what the hell LAX Diva is thinking....or if she is using her brain at all. Simple things like taking money with you when you know you are going to a movie or remembering to bring your purse full of tampons when you are on your period just seem to be really difficult for her. I don't know if that is common of all teenage girls but I assume it is, unfortunately for my kid when you combine her lack of forthought with her anal rententive nature things get ugly fast.

For instance LAX Diva's boy who is a friend not a boyfriend (yeah I'm not buying it either) had his birthday yesterday. LAX Diva and this boy had planned to meet his mother after school at her job and then go to eat and to the movies. I assumed he was paying because no mention was made of money. Then LAX Diva calls at 630pm and says she has no money for the movie and neither does the boy, can we just drop everything and run it over. Daddy D informed her we had just sat down to eat and that she would have to wait a little bit. LAX Diva of course starts in on the whole "I have to be home by 9pm" and "you are gonna make me be late and then I will get into trouble" crap.  Good thing Daddy D was talking to her I would have told her to stuff it and hung up.

Now on to the tampons....my daughter seriously thinks they HAVE to be changed every 2 hours. She doesn't seem to understand that the 2 hour thing is a suggestion on the box not a "the heavens will open up and suck out your uterus" rule. Lord forbid we go out shopping and take 2&1/2 hours to get everything done because LAX Diva turns into the devil woman and makes the last 1/2 hour torture for all who cross her path. She begs, she pleads, and then she bitches to get us to drop everything and get her damn tampon. We can be 3/4 of the way through purchasing a new car and she honestly wants us to stop signing the papers and leave to go get a tampon. (disclaimer-I am not horrible she has never,ever,ever leaked through a tampon. I know I do her laundry)

Everything is like this. I don't know how many times I have gotten last minute notice of things. Honestly I have gotten to the point that unless it is going to affect others I just dont listen to her issues. I figure as long as she is the only one suffering because she didn't plan ahead then I am not going to jump through hoops for her. Of course this has it's drawbacks. LAX Diva thinks I don't care about her needs and that I don't love her. WAA WAA WAA The only problem with trying to teach a child responsibilty during their childhood is that they act like children about it! LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment