Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Larry

Larry is driving me nuts today! Who is Larry you ask? He is a the resident computer geek here at work and he is driving me nuts today!!!!!

Larry's wife has a life long illness and has been in a nursing home for years now so he tends to come to the "women folk" around here to discuss things. Granted he knows nothing about "women folk" and what we want to talk about so we humor him. Mainly he discusses sports in way too much detail and makes smart ass comments using movie qoutes. We keep trying to get him to watch chick flicks so we will at least undertand the qoutes but he is all "manly" so he refuses to do it. Poor Larry, I think we have become his surrogate mother because we are constantly nagging him about making sure to do something nice for his wife. I personally think he is just using us to remind him of holidays so he doesn't get in deep doodoo with the real family. We do give him really good ideas for doing things with his sons and stuff!

The reason we love Larry is because he is a computer genius and, well lets just put it nicely, he has so many weird quirks that we just love to poke at him and see what happens next. My favorite part is when he gets aggravated with the "dumb asses" around here. He never gets aggravated with us but Lord help the people who wrote the computer program that just screwed up. Larry's face turns red and he starts huffing and puffing (hehehe I just realized that sounds like the Big Bad Wolf from the Three Little Pigs). I swear people it looks like his head is going to explode. As Larry's surrogate mother I worry because he drinks about 3 coffees a day and probably just as many Monster drinks. One of these days he is just going to kill over with a heart attack!

So you ask why is Larry driving me nuts today? He is bored! He has no work to do and needs someone to talk to. Unfortunately for him I am the only one left here today and I can't hold an intelligent conversation based on the status of the Stanley Cup Championships. I try to make the obligatory comments and ask questions about things to keep the conversation going but usually he just rolls his eyes when I ask him the name of the "cup" his beloved Blackhawks are definitely going to be hoisting up tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment