Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

LAX Diva's early birthday

LAX Diva's bday is coming up while we are in the middle of packing and moving so we decided to through a pre-birthday party for her this weekend. She wanted a party at the lake and was allowed to invite 4 friends to come with us for the weekend. Unfortunately when we planned this I forgot it was father's day weekend so only one girl was able to go. I personally think that was a good thing because teenage girls are too much DRAMA when they are all together. Bug stayed home with a friend so the teenagers could "enjoy" themselves without interruption.

Anyway for once we were financially sound and able to get her the wake board she has wanted for the last two years. We were also able to get a new 2 person tube that is much nicer than our old one. We stayed in a hotel on the lake which was definitely econo class but it did the job and was gorgeous at sunset. Daddy D and I took the girls out on the boat for about 3 hours the first night and then went back to the room to chill. The next day we spent the whole day on the water and went all over the lake. The girls refused to use sunblock and got toasted. I love saying I told you so. LOL Daddy D and I used it all day and still got red in spots though so it took a little of the fun out of it.

It was a blast! Even the kids had fun! LOL usually anytime I am having fun they think it is just kinda nice but I honestly think they had a really good time. Of course they spent 3/4 of the weekend on the cell phone texting some girl who was causing them drama. I am so glad we didn't have cell phones when I was a kid. Now there is no separation between feeling something and saying it and kids just text anything and everything to people. When I was a kid I had to wait until the next day at school to talk to anyone about it so I had plenty of time to calm down in between. Not only that but if my mother had heard me say some of the stuff these kids are saying she would have slapped my jaws!

0 comments:

Post a Comment