Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Conversations with Daddy D

Daddy D and I have our own special form of communication. I tend to harass him until he breaks down and lets me have my way or dissolves into tears whichever comes first. LOL Normally this only takes a small amount of time unless I am really having to convince him of something extraordinary.

Sometimes we have conversations that aren't based around me getting something. People who know us think I am mean to him but what they don't know is that it is a vital part of our family dynamic. Seriously Daddy D doesn't talk much the only way to get him to talk to me is to harass him until he does. I personally think he loves it!

So I thought I would give you a small sample of how our conversations go.

Me: OOOOH Look at that cute kitty on tv
Daddy D: silence
Me: AAAWWWW she is pregnant and is going to have 3 kittens
Daddy D: Possible grunt but more likely more silence
Me: And look she is white just like Ellie they match
Daddy D: Funny look
Me: We should adopt her and name her Sheba
Daddy D: NO we are not getting another pet
Me: Why not? She just a kitty and we are getting ready to move on to a 1 acre lot with lots of barns around she would be fine and so would her kitties.
Daddy D: No we are not getting a another pet.
Me: But Daddy D
Daddy D: No
Me: Come on why not
Daddy D: No
(this is when it gets really good)
Me: Why do you have to crush all my dreams all you ever say is NO!
Daddy D: NO
Me: But I have wanted a white cat for years and that one needs a home and anyway it can be Bug's cat you know how your cat hates her. Are you really willing to deprive your daughter of the experience of having a cat that likes her just because you only know how to say no?
Daddy D: No
Me: Ok so I will call and see about getting her adopted.
Daddy D: What?
Me: Well you just said you don't want to deprive Bug of having a cat of her own.
Daddy D: No I didn't
Me: Yes you did
Daddy D: silent glare
Daddy D: We are not getting a cat
Daddy D: more silent glare
Me: fine!
Me: walk away giggling and tell him he is cut off for a week for being mean

0 comments:

Post a Comment